Arafura’s live aboard charters offer the ultimate fishing experience in the Top End. Running extended charters for 9 years Arafura has the knowledge and experience to give you a trip of a lifetime.
Now run with our new 52 ft custom built flag ship Wai Nawana offering the next level of comfort you’re sure to experience that fishing trip of a lifetime with Arafura Bluewater Charters. With a large air conditioned lounge & 12 sleeper cabin with shared bunk accomodation, 2 toilets, hot/cold shower and Large shaded fishing deck area.
Our 2 day, 3 day and 4 day live aboard charters depart at 2000 hrs except for our 5 day live aboard charter which departs at 1700 hrs. Meet the Wai Nawana (outside the lock gates) at the Cullen Bay Ferry Terminal 15 minutes before your departure time. Be greeted by Arafura’s friendly crew and stow your gear in their air conditioned accommodation. Then settle in for a few drinks and meet the rest of the group, before getting your head down for the night and wake at the fishing grounds ready for a cuppa and some awesome fishing action.
2 Day Charter
The two day charters are usually to the Peron Islands area, approx 80 nm west south west of Darwin. The clearer water in this area is home to the Red Emperor, Coral trout, Golden Snapper, Tuskfish, the mighty Black Jewfish, Cod, and also a variety of pelagic fish, including large schools of Trevally, Spanish Mackerel, Tuna and the majestic Sailfish.
This area has proved popular with several TV fishing personalities, including “Ifish” with Paul Worstling, “Hooked” with Dave Butfeild and Jason Kennedy from “Fishing Trips” has also “Stopped the bus” in these fish rich waters returning regularly on the 2-3 day charters to enjoy a taste of what the territory has to offer. The Tiwi Islands are also possible on the 2 day charters however this is dependent on tides and weather conditions. Please be aware area’s fished may change due to weather or current fishing conditions.
3 Day Charters
(Please be aware areas fished may change due to current weather or fishing conditions)
These charters open up a huge area of remote territory fishing depending on weather, the time of year and tidal movement.
On larger tides we head past the Peron Islands to the remote fish rich grounds near Cape Scott, Emu Reef & Cape Ford again home to Red Emperor, Golden Snapper, Tricky Snapper, Black Jewfish, Tuskfish, Coral Trout just to name a few. With some trolling thrown in to give the arms a rest and the chance to tussle with some Spanish Mackerel or land a trophy Sailfish.
4 & 5 Day Charters
For the truly adventurous fisho a long steam through the night, some 170nm will see you close to international waters. Fishing the remote Tassie, Evans or Lynedoch shoals, these trips are limited to the calmest times of the year and specific tides. This world class fishing produces some of the finest table fish in abundance and some awe inspiring sports fishing. With exotic species like the powerful Dogtooth Tuna, the electric Blue Trevally and the chance to tackle one of the oceans fastest fish, the impressive Wahoo. All this between the main game, chasing Gold Band Snapper, Small and Large Mouth Nannygai, Red Emperor, Long Nose Emperor, Coral Trout, Coronation Trout, Trout Cod and a myriad of other species never seen close to Darwin. On past trips we have had several encounters with Sailfish and Black Marlin. On the last morning, tides permitting a stop at Cape Fourcroy on the way home for a Black Jewfish if your arms still work.
All tackle is provided however if you wish to bring along your own gear we suggest a minimum of 50 lb braid, a good jigging outfit and some Gulp soft plastics will add to the fun whilst drifting the shallower grounds.
We suggest that you have at least one night in Darwin on return from the trip, this will give our staff time to ensure your catch is properly frozen and allow us to pack it in an air line approved box. (The cost of a box and packing is $20.00AUD and holds approx 12-15kgs of fillets.) This will be ready for collection on your way to the air port, at Cullen Bay and is 15km’s to the airport.
Any pickups the night the charter returns will incur an afterhours packing fee of $150
After hours pick up can be arranged at no cost if 24hrs or more later than when your charter returned. (e.g. returned 3.30pm on the 7th and fly out 2am on the 9th.) This needs to be arranged with management prior.
If you do not require your fish to be packed and frozen, please notify staff before your charter so this can be arranged.
Cancellation Policy: Cancelled within 10 weeks prior to charter: 100% cancellation fee.
3 days/3 nights – $1950.00 per person
4 days/4 nights – $2600.00 per person
5 days/5 nights – $3250.00 per person
Sole Boat Charter Rates
2 Day Private Charter rates
Wai Nawana – $6500.00 per day (max 10)
Wai Nawana – $7800.00 per day (max 12)
All 3 day charters depart at 8pm and all 4 – 5 day charters depart at 5pm on departure date and return at approximately 3.30pm on the return date.
2020 available dates
3 Day charter
- April 18th – 21st (9 seats available)
- May 13th – 16th (1 seat available)
- June 11th – 14th (12 seats available)
- June 30th – July 3rd (7 seats available)
- July 26th – 29th (4 seats available)
- September 22nd – 25th (12 seats available)
- April 1st – 4th (12 seats available)
- April 13th – 16th (12 seats available)
- June 1st – 4th (12 seats available)
- June 26th – 29th (12 seats available)
- July 15th – 18th (12 seats available)
- August 8th – 11th (12 seats available)
- September 22nd – 25th (12 seats available)
4 Day charter
- May 27th – 31st (7 seats available)
- July 9th – 13th (12 seats available)
5 Day charter
- October 4th – 9th (1 seat available)
- October 25th – 30th (6 seats available)
- November 9th – 14th (10 seats available)
- November 16th – 21st (12 seats available)
- November 23rd – 28th (12 seats available)
- November 30th – December 5th (12 seats available)
- December 7th – 12th (12 seats available)
please note: Some 3 day charters can be flexible with dates if booking a SOLE charter, we can add a day either side of the dates and make a 4 day charter.
For more dates and bookings please call us on 8932 3006.
2021 available dates
3 Day charter
- May 16th – May 19th (12 seats available)
- July 20th – July 23rd (12 seats available)
- August 1st – August 4th (12 seats available)
- March 21st – March 24th (12 seats available)
- April 4th – April 7th (12 seats available)
- April 20th – April 23rd (12 seats available)
- June 1st – June 4th (12 seats available)
- June 15th – June 18th (12 seats available)
- June 19th – June 22nd (12 seats available)
- June 30th – July 3rd (12 seats available)
- July 16th – July 19th (12 seats available)
- August 5th – August 8th (12 seats available)
- August 28th – August 31st (12 seats available)
4 Day charter
- May 20th – May 24th (11 seats available)
- June 31st – June 4th (12 seats available)
- June 5th – June 9th (12 seats available)
- July 4th – July 8th (12 seats available)
- August 16th – August 20th (12 seats available)
5 Day charter
- October 21st – October 26th (12 seats available)
- November 18th – November 23rd (12 seats available)
- September 2nd – September 7th (12 seats available)
- September 9th – September 14th (12 seats available)
- September 16th – September 21st (12 seats available)
- September 23rd – September 28th (12 seats available)
- September 30th – October 5th (12 seats available)
- October 7th – October 12th (12 seats available)
- October 14th – October 19th (12 seats available)
- October 28th – November 2nd (12 seats available)
- November 4th – November 9th (12 seats available)
- November 25th – November 30th (12 seats available)
- December 2nd – December 7th (12 seats available)
- December 9th – December 14th (12 seats available)
All quality Shimano game & spin rods and reels spooled with braided line, all fishing tackle, lures and fresh bait.
Fish may be kept within NT bag limits and will be filleted and frozen ready for you to take home. Airline approved fish carry boxes are available from Tackle World at $20 each. (As per N.T. fisheries legislation skins must be left on all filets)
Meals, snacks & refreshments
Your friendly crew will cook for you each day a scrumptious breakfast, lunch & dinner.
There’s something for everyone with a variety of fresh fruits & hot options for breakfast including assorted toasted sandwiches & bacon & egg rolls
For lunch there are salads, cold meats, hot dogs, steak sandwiches, fresh fish and hamburgers.
For dinner our Fresh seafood night is a highlight which includes fresh local prawns, freshly opened natural oysters and the catch of the day with garden salads.
Depending on the length of your charter you will also enjoy cuts of prime Aussie beef, freshly caught fish and marinated chicken all cooked on the BBQ.
Morning and afternoon tea are also provided being either an assortment of fresh fruit & cheese, biscuits, dips, cold meats, assorted cakes & pastries or spicy “nachos”.
Please note: Menu’s may change as required .
Beverages include juice (breakfast), hot beverages, cold drinks & ice water . BYO any light alcohol or your favourite soft drinks. (no glass please)
Air conditioned single bunk accommodation including all bed linen, blanket & pillow.
And most importantly friendly and experienced crew.
You need to bring a small bag with change of clothes, toiletries, towel & any medications needed.
BYO alcohol. (No glass please)
- Cancelled within 10 weeks prior to charter -100% cancellation fee